2011 has been a great year for social media. Key notes from the infographic by Mediabristo were as follows:
- There are now more than 800 million active Facebook users.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends and is connected to 80 pages, groups and events.
- 95% of Facebook wall posts are not answered by brands.
- There are more than 3.5 billion pieces of content shared on Facebook each week.
- 34% of marketers have generated leads through twitter.
- Tweets with verbs have 2% more share-ability than the normal tweet.
- There are now 100 million active twitter users,
- 40% users don’t tweet, but just keep tabs on what people are talking about.
- 92% people retweet stuff they think is interesting.
General social media:
- 30% B2B marketers are spending millions on dollars on social media marketing activities.
- Most smartphone and tablet users are researching products than buying them.
- 40% bloggers consider themselves professionals.
Read the original post on Digital Buzz Blog