According to a report from BuzzCity, the growth of mobile internet in India is at a neck-break speed, with around 85 million users in India, which is a 30% increase in the last quarter. This report demonstrates the growing use of mobile internet in India and how advertisers are developing more interest in the medium across Asia.
Other key points of the report were are follows:
- The number of impressions served was 9.7 billion ads in the last quarter.
- The advertisers were largely mobile content players with some banks promoting home loans.
- India occupies the top spot in the top 5 markets for mobile advertising.
- Nokia leads the market with about 52% accessing internet though Nokia with Blackberry and Samsung at 11% and 10%.
- Mobile Internet has penetrated about 10% of the 865 million mobile users.
- Advertisers can reach into a substantial female demographic (18%) of 14 million unique users.
- The age group of 20-24 yrs consumes the majority of the mobile content of 49%. This is followed by 25-29 yrs age group with 20%, under 20yrs at 18%, 30-34 yrs at 8% and over 35 at 5%.
Read the original post on Watblog.com