Marketing has come a long way from being just a one way communication between the brands and its consumers, a.k.a ‘Outbound marketing’. The new age marketing, which facilitates a two-way communication between the brand and its consumers, a.k.a ‘Inbound marketing’ is the way ahead for marketers.
Given below are some stats which appeared in a Mashable article which tells us why Inbound marketing is working better:
- 44% of direct mail is never opened. That’s a waste of time, postage and paper.
- 86% of people skip through television commercials.
- 84% of 25 to 34 year olds have clicked out of a website because of an “irrelevant or intrusive ad.”
- The cost per lead in outbound marketing is more than for inbound marketing.
What else makes it better?
- Customers come to you whereas in outbound marketing, customers are sought out.
- Consumers own your brand and they market it on the social media platforms.
So,why try to buy your way in when consumers aren’t even paying attention?